Dr. Himmat Bhalodiya
As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution’s system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
Dr. Bhavesh Lakhani
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. Gujarat Arts & Commerce College (Evening) has an IQAC which was constituted on 16th June 2010 for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the institution. The institution adopts quality management strategies in all academic and administrative aspects. The institution has mechanisms for academic auditing. The institution follows as per NAAC.
The institution was accredited by NAAC in 2010 for the first cycle and in 2019 for the second cycle. IQAC established at institute continued to strive for the betterment of processes and setup. NAAC Peer Team visited Gujarat College Campus from August 08-09, 2019. The institution has been Accredited with a CGPA of 1.88 on a four-point scale at “C” Grade valid for a period of 5 years from 09/08/2019 to 08/08/2024.
To develop systematic quality processes in the institution for evolving, enhancing and sustaining excellence in its academic and administrative practices and to set benchmarks for their periodic evaluation for improvements, significant growth and achievements
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To establish student Learning-centric environment, using ICT tools for teaching and learning process and to inculcate value–based education system.
- To encourage Departments to organize seminars, workshops, orientation and faculty development programs.
- To promote research culture among staff and students.
- To assess the annual progress of departments and the Institution through timely reporting.
- Development of Institutional data base and documentation of the various activates leading to quality improvement.
- To build association with stakeholders and to stir social responsibility.
- To develop mechanisms and procedures for quality enhancement in academic and administrative performance.
- To implement and monitor various academic and administrative programs leading to quality improvement.
- To be a nodal agency for coordinating and documenting all quality related activities.
- To Promote measures for development of Quality culture in the institution
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
- Setting quality benchmarks with consistent work
- Creating parameters to reach academic as well as non-academic learning goals
- Creating a student-centric teaching-learning environment
- Considering the feedback of students, faculty & parents for the best practices
- Organizing various workshops & seminars for the quality education environment
- Documenting all the activities in chronological order & keeping a tab on improvements
- Participating in various Accreditation and Rankings
- Preparing & submitting one of the most important – Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the instructions of the NAAC
Meetings & Minutes
Information will be updated soon.